Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Leo Laporte

I was listening to him yesterday in the car and a guy called in that
said he was blind.
He was asking questions about using his Apple computer for video
editing.
That doesn't really add up to me.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Seymore4Head wrote:
I was listening to him yesterday in the car and a guy called in that
said he was blind.
He was asking questions about using his Apple computer for video
editing.
That doesn't really add up to me.

Blindness is not a binary condition. There are a wide range of deficits
including a somewhat arbitrary "legally blnd" state which differs from one
country to another. There are those whose blindness may be principally in
color perception, night time vision, peripheral vision, etc.

The bottom line is that video editing and many other tasks which rely on
vision can be performed by those individuals whose medical and / or legal
situation is accurately described as blind.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I'm 'face-blind' - prosopagnosia in fancy
terms. I distinguish non-family members
by heights, sounds of voice, and other non-
facial cues.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Seymore4Head:

Ironically, I can recognize most makes/models
of cars by the shape of their headlights at night,
as well as most major types of commercial jet
liners passing over our neighborhood(we're
under a flightpath that takes many of them
across to England & Europe).

What I NEED is to be able to recognize the
most basic feature of fellow human beings -
their FACES for cryin out loud! Watching
movies with me is an exercise in patience,
as I am constantly confusing similar looking
characters. And the condition is not helped
by the use of glasses.

I use the example of Hilary Duff and
Britney Spears some years ago, when
they were simultaneously on top of