Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] penumbra75@aol.com is offline

Default Impact wrench (air) repair

On Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 10:37:26 PM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Picked up my impact wrench (1/2") and it stopped working. Pull the trigger and all you get is air out of the exhaust. No rotation.

Is this worth tearing into? Could something be gummed up, not letting air flow to wherever? I'm generally good at fixing things but I've never been inside an air tool.
All advise appreciated. BTW, the gun does not have that many hours on it.. 9 years with maybe changing two or three sets of wheels per year.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

I tried all the methods on the group. First I turned the rachet about 10 times in both directions, then I put some MMO into the air port. It fired up on the first try and runs great. This tool has never been used so I guess it was just stuck from being idle. Great posts saved me a trip to the supplier to only have them do exactly what I did. Thanks to everyone who answered Ivan. Helped a lot!