Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Thoughts on cordless vacuums please

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Of course I wired this house myself. So there are plenty of convenient
sockets for a mains vacuum cleaner

I have a long extention lead and where that can;t reach I have a
protable applience.

Explains why you like cordless. And I'd guess it explains it for others
too.

We aren't over endowed with sockets particularly (gradually being added
as things are done) but got enough sockets here for hoovering the house.

I like the our cordless because of what it does better than the mains
one.

It's light, easy to use and to get into places. Because it's easy to
grab and do a quick job, some things get done more often. It's great
for doing sofas (we have cat's)

- eg with have a steepish back stairs, hoovering with the mains one is
a faff, - I can't stand the hoover on the stairs, I can't reach all the
way from the top with hose (which is where the hoover will be as at the
bottom is the kitchen and the hoover doesn't get used in there normally.
So there stairs often didn't get done.

But I can grab the cordless, stick the little motorized head on and do
them easily, - then whizz along the back landing and the toilet, while
I'm at it with the extension tube and main head.

For me the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and I find I tend to
turn to the cordless first, unless I'm doing a more serious bout of
vacuuming.

Don't really see the point of arguing about it really though. For me it
is a worthwhile addition to the toolkit (gets used more often than my
cordless drills). For others that won't be true -they may not have a
use for it, want to spend the money, feel that a cordless vacuum is
worth it,. etc. etc. and that's fine.
--
Chris French