Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Thoughts on cordless vacuums please

In message , Michael Chare
writes
On 28/09/2015 09:36, Broadback wrote:
On 27/09/2015 20:54, Chris French wrote:
In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Chris Hogg
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 12:43:10 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

We, her indoors and myself, are considering cordless vacuums. there
seem to be 2contenders for the top, the Dyson V^ Fluffy and the Vax
Air Cordless Lift U85-ACLG-B. any thoughts would be appreciated.

We have a small hand-held Dyson DC31 Animal. SWMBO swears by it.

We have a DC35. Excellent. It means stuff gets cleaned that would
otherwise not be.

We have a DC59, it is indeed excellent. It gets lots of use. Great for a
quick hoovering up of stuff and for doing just a bit of the house to
save getting the mains vacuum out, for doing sofas say, whilst hoovering
the carpets with the mains one, for the car.

I like that it can be easily used as a handheld one, or with the
extension tube more like an upright.

Q for the OP. Are you looking for a replacement for an upright cleaner,
or more of a handheld one

A replacement for our mains one.

We have a DC59. SWMBO likes it because it is light to use. It gets much
more use than the ball Dyson that we bought before.

Depending on the situation, much as I like ours and use it a lot, I
think the DC59 could struggle as a mains replacement (not so much
because of performance, but because of the runtime.).. It wouldn't be
much cop here as the house is too big and gets to messy with pets, kids,
in and our of the garden, crafting etc. - I use it here to do the odd
room, the stairs and odd bits of cleaning - but it wouldn't do all of
our downstairs but I can see in a small house or flat, it might be ok

I'd look at the ones designed more as an upright one maybe, they might
have more runtime?
--
Chris French