Dave Liquorice

Default Bent crankshaft

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:19:57 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

Dreaded thought output shaft bent, mower up on blocks, engine
started. Oh dear... there is the shaft wobbling nicely by about
3/16".

Engine since taken to village garage and the flywheel removed(*).
Trouble is the bottom sump casting has a long tube (2") that is only
just clearance on the shaft. Needless to say the shaft is far to bent
to pass through this tube. B-(

If I cut the end off the crankshaft I can get it out but then *will*
require a new crankshaft... grrr.

(*) I don't have a 23mm socket for the nut and even if I had the holes
that are supposed to accept the bolts for a puller hadn't been tapped
out. Garage of course had a puller big enough to go over the outside,
even then it was damn tight and need persuasion from an airline hammer
to break the joint to get it off.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail