On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:19:01 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 7:59:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 16:10:27 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 11:40:54 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 07:14:38 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

If you're worried about safety, put up an LED emergency light in your basement hallway or stairwell. ^_^

Excellent idea for anyone.

I have a bunch of small UPS units which need new 12 volt batteries that I can get for $10 each. I plan to replace the batteries and connect one small ups to each LED table lamp in the house. I already have 3kw capacity with all the ups units around the house on all the computers and network gear. I'd be sitting at the computer working and the only way I knew there was a power failure was because of the clicking and beeping from the ups units. I've never bought a new ups for myself, everything I have is rescued and repaired. ^_^

I still have one of the old school battery lights with the big
incandescent floods
When the battery dies I may look at a LED replacement although if I
just put LED bulbs in there, it would last forever on the battery.

I do have a switch in it that puts the lights in series if I want and
makes the battery last a real long time.
That is still plenty of walking around light.

Do you know which bulb fits or is it the type emergency light with sealed beam lamps? I want to put one of the little backup units on each table and desk lamp because that's what's usually on at night. I've tripped and fallen several times when I was at home because I couldn't see my housemate's black dog during low light situations. I could modify the power feed for light over the sink in the bathroom but I have LED flashlights I've used to visit the bathroom when the power is out. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tripping Monster

No I haven't actually looked.