Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Before it's put on a slow boat from China

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 12:42:03 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

Refoamed a set of Pioneer HPM 700 speakers, also put two OEM tweeters
in them. I thought I was done, listening test showed no output from one
tweeter, found bulging cap in crossover. Argh!

Mike

You can use two standard caps back-to-back (+ -- +). But they should be 6uF caps. Back to back, they will test out at 3uF. If you screen them carefully, you should be able to get very close to the 2.7 you need. Or, use 2.5uF caps as electrolytics tend to run 'fat' rather than 'lean'. Or, use a film cap, full stop.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...B&kpid=3343101

Polarity will not be a problem.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA