Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

Default Before it's put on a slow boat from China

I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

Refoamed a set of Pioneer HPM 700 speakers, also put two OEM tweeters
in them. I thought I was done, listening test showed no output from one
tweeter, found bulging cap in crossover. Argh!

Mike
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

"amdx" wrote in message
I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

You might try ebay at this number. It is 100 volts but going up in voltage
should be ok. There are others if you don't mind higher voltage.

321699248915

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On 9/22/2015 11:54 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message
I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

You might try ebay at this number. It is 100 volts but going up in voltage
should be ok. There are others if you don't mind higher voltage.

321699248915

Yes,
That is the axial I found.
They sell it on their website for $0.50 with $6.95 shipping.

Thanks, Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:41:58 -0500, amdx wrote:

I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

$1.45 in singles for a Panasonic 2.7uF 100V film cap from Digikey.
ECQ-E1275KF Radial lead (but not a can).

Refoamed a set of Pioneer HPM 700 speakers, also put two OEM tweeters
in them. I thought I was done, listening test showed no output from one
tweeter, found bulging cap in crossover. Argh!

Mike

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On 9/22/2015 12:51 PM, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:41:58 -0500, amdx wrote:

I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

$1.45 in singles for a Panasonic 2.7uF 100V film cap from Digikey.
ECQ-E1275KF Radial lead (but not a can).

Yes, I see I have other options, I was hoping to install a cap that
looks like the original 1982, 10mm x 22mm capacitor. I may not get what
I want.

Thanks, Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:41:58 -0500, amdx wrote:

I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

Refoamed a set of Pioneer HPM 700 speakers, also put two OEM tweeters
in them. I thought I was done, listening test showed no output from one
tweeter, found bulging cap in crossover. Argh!

Mike

Parts express
http://www.parts-express.com/27uf-100v-electrolytic-non-polarized-crossover-capacitor--027-326

Cheers
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On 9/22/2015 1:56 PM, amdx wrote:
On 9/22/2015 12:51 PM, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:41:58 -0500, amdx wrote:

I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

$1.45 in singles for a Panasonic 2.7uF 100V film cap from Digikey.
ECQ-E1275KF Radial lead (but not a can).

Yes, I see I have other options, I was hoping to install a cap that
looks like the original 1982, 10mm x 22mm capacitor. I may not get what
I want.

Thanks, Mikek

Maybe very careful surgery of the old cap, stuff the
new one inside the hollowed out old one to get the
old "look"?

Ed
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On 9/22/2015 8:57 PM, ehsjr wrote:
On 9/22/2015 1:56 PM, amdx wrote:
[...]

It actually split the plastic cover and doesn't look to good anymore.

Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

En el artículo , ehsjr
escribió:

Maybe very careful surgery of the old cap, stuff the
new one inside the hollowed out old one to get the
old "look"?

Posted without comment

http://www.anonpic.com/images/fakecapacitor1.jpg

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 12:42:03 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover.
It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap.
Ebay has them from China. (slow boat)
I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark.
I've also checked several speaker part sellers.
I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping.
But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

Refoamed a set of Pioneer HPM 700 speakers, also put two OEM tweeters
in them. I thought I was done, listening test showed no output from one
tweeter, found bulging cap in crossover. Argh!

Mike

You can use two standard caps back-to-back (+ -- +). But they should be 6uF caps. Back to back, they will test out at 3uF. If you screen them carefully, you should be able to get very close to the 2.7 you need. Or, use 2.5uF caps as electrolytics tend to run 'fat' rather than 'lean'. Or, use a film cap, full stop.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...B&kpid=3343101

Polarity will not be a problem.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , ehsjr
escribió:

Maybe very careful surgery of the old cap, stuff the
new one inside the hollowed out old one to get the
old "look"?

Posted without comment

http://www.anonpic.com/images/fakecapacitor1.jpg

The Rubycon 35V rated caps must be pretty good :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

Ralph Barone writes:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , ehsjr
escribió:

Maybe very careful surgery of the old cap, stuff the
new one inside the hollowed out old one to get the
old "look"?

Posted without comment

http://www.anonpic.com/images/fakecapacitor1.jpg

The Rubycon 35V rated caps must be pretty good :-)

They *are* pretty good aren't they? That surprised me a bit, putting a
decent brand name inside a fake.

Hmm... perhaps the Rubycons are fake too... Is there something else
inside them too?

--

John Devereux
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On 09/29/2015 02:18 PM, John Devereux wrote:
Ralph Barone writes:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , ehsjr
escribió:

Maybe very careful surgery of the old cap, stuff the
new one inside the hollowed out old one to get the
old "look"?

Posted without comment

http://www.anonpic.com/images/fakecapacitor1.jpg

The Rubycon 35V rated caps must be pretty good :-)

They *are* pretty good aren't they? That surprised me a bit, putting a
decent brand name inside a fake.

Hmm... perhaps the Rubycons are fake too... Is there something else
inside them too?

The Rubycon looks like it was salvaged from a discarded board.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On 9/29/2015 8:42 PM, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 09/29/2015 02:18 PM, John Devereux wrote:
Ralph Barone writes:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , ehsjr
escribió:

Maybe very careful surgery of the old cap, stuff the
new one inside the hollowed out old one to get the
old "look"?

Posted without comment

http://www.anonpic.com/images/fakecapacitor1.jpg

The Rubycon 35V rated caps must be pretty good :-)

They *are* pretty good aren't they? That surprised me a bit, putting a
decent brand name inside a fake.

Hmm... perhaps the Rubycons are fake too... Is there something else
inside them too?

The Rubycon looks like it was salvaged from a discarded board.

That's what they want you to think.

--

Rick
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

En el artículo , John Devereux
escribió:

Hmm... perhaps the Rubycons are fake too...

*ding*

Look more closely at the logo. It's "Rulycon", a fake designed to look
like Rubycon.

These came out about the same time as the "bad caps" scandal a few years
ago.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
(")_(")

Slow Close Toilet Seat Too Slow DerbyDad03 Home Repair 13 February 21st 13 04:07 AM
Slow HW, slow rads, boiler clunking... [email protected] UK diy 4 January 8th 08 09:48 AM
FROM CHINA!---Merry Christmas to all FROM CHINA! [email protected] UK diy 1 December 26th 06 02:05 PM
Need a Boat? Stoutman Woodworking 21 December 19th 06 10:22 PM
Toilet slow, very slow to refill JoeThomas Home Repair 10 November 28th 06 09:14 PM