Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default Wiring&breaker for lighting circuit

If we are going to talk code, lets speak the language so nobody gets
misinformation. ;-)

Point taken and agreed. To summarize and rephrase: the subject is a lighting circuit(s) on which there will be 4 groups of luminaires (one group in each "room" of the basement, and each group having 4-6 luminaires), and each group is activated via separate switches; and NO receptacles will be installed on this/these dedicated circuits.

And it seems that even though it is NOT prohibited by the NEC, the concensus is that I should split this into two 15amp lighting circuits for two reasons: easier to work with 14awg, and better design such that a tripped breaker wont plunge the entire basement into darkness.

Did I get all that right?
All comments appreciated.