Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Wiring&breaker for lighting circuit

On 9/27/2015 11:02 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 9:29:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Sorry, I should have described more.
These lights are in 4 separate areas/rooms of the basement, on 4 separate switches. Approx 6 lights per room/switch.

Feed a central junction box with a 20 amp circuit using #12. You can tie the 4 separate #14 circuits together in that junction box. Remember to put the junction box where it's accessible. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sparky Monster

I don't think this is allowed or even a good idea. I'd go with 2 15 amp
circuits to provide some light if one breaker trips (someone suggested).