Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on VW Cheatware

On 28/09/15 13:16, fred wrote:
On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 12:57:13 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman
(News) wrote:
In article , The Natural
Philosopher wrote:
It was also reported today that VW had been cautioned eight years
ago not to rig the tests by its software supplier Bosch.
According to Bild am Sonntag, Bosch had written to VW in 2007.

Yes - I did wonder about this. Bosch (and others) generally supply
much of the injection, and I'd guess would also be involved with
writing the software. Since they will be supplying much the same to
other makers too. So - again a guess - is they are the author of
the software involved. So wonder if it was hacked by VW?

-- *The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard *

Dave Plowman London SW To
e-mail, change noise into sound.

What I would like to know is the difference between the emissions
before the tests were brought in and the emissions reported by the
dodgy software and the emissions level claimed to be achieved. Are we
talking huge differences here ?

Its not that long since we had to listen to the diesel fan boys about
how cleamn diesel was compare to petrol

Well in terms of hydrocarbon emissions it is..

Just not NOx:-)

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.