Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 12:57:13 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
It was also reported today that VW had been cautioned eight years ago
not to rig the tests by its software supplier Bosch. According to Bild
am Sonntag, Bosch had written to VW in 2007.

Yes - I did wonder about this. Bosch (and others) generally supply much of
the injection, and I'd guess would also be involved with writing the
software. Since they will be supplying much the same to other makers too.
So - again a guess - is they are the author of the software involved. So
wonder if it was hacked by VW?

--
*The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

What I would like to know is the difference between the emissions before the tests were brought in and the emissions reported by the dodgy software and the emissions level claimed to be achieved. Are we talking huge differences here ?

Its not that long since we had to listen to the diesel fan boys about how cleamn diesel was compare to petrol