Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default 3D Printing, with Carbon Fibre!

On 27/09/2015 21:37, WeeBob wrote:
I stumbled across this (no affiliation etc.) the other day:

https://www.goprint3d.co.uk/colorfabb-xt-cf20.html

A couple of years ago I experimented with 3d printing and concluded it
was (at least) a couple of years away from being useful and/or practical.

I wonder now if the technology has moved on enough to be worth spending
time on trying again. There are some very useful things I could do with
printed carbon fibre, but I realise that could end up wasting many hours.

Anyone care to share their views?

Thanks.

Do any of the laser ones that print in a tank of resin work with
glass/carbon filled resin (~5%)?

If so they could make pretty strong parts.

The ABS extruders have quite a weak bond between layers.