Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

I'd have thought that this kind of mode would be called test mode and used
by the manufacturer to check nothing was out of alignment. The fact that it
also is used in official testing seems to be a bit of a silly thing to
suggest.

No I'm tending toward thinking that the folk designing the test have at
best been naive about actually what has to be tested, ie in a real
situation. The fact that its nominal test mode kicks in could have been
argueed as a diagnostic mode after all. I juust wonder why VW could not get
decent spin doctors instead of owning up to deliberate fraud.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 28/09/15 01:54, wrote:
On Sunday, 27 September 2015 23:04:15 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

The cheatware detects when a motor undergoes emissions testing, and then

how is that possible?

One report said that it detected the steering wasn't being used when the
car was being "driven" on a rolling road test rig to check emissions.

--

Jeff