Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Fire bowl on a wood deck

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/27/2015 9:05 PM, wrote:
I took a backer board and cut it round and the same diameter as the
fire bowl. I used the cuttings for feet to give me a very small bust
stable and effective air gap to the deck. Just small squares every 6
inches and under the fire bowl feet. It looks fine during the fire, I
can easily move it around the deck for different situations, and I can
roll it on edge into the garage for easy storage. Simple and effective.

IMO, you have to be nuts to have a solid fuel fire on a deck.

What can we say? If accident happens I guess insurance won't bother to
cover the damage. My deck is converted to 4 season sun room. Concrete
patio has small wood stove.(no open flame)