Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thoughts on cordless vacuums please

On Sunday, 27 September 2015 21:01:05 UTC+1, Chris French wrote:
In message ,
nt:
On Saturday, 26 September 2015 17:17:37 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Chris Bartram wrote in news:mu68gn$9n6$2
@dont-email.me:
On 26/09/15 12:43, Broadback wrote:

We, her indoors and myself, are considering cordless vacuums. there seem
to be 2contenders for the top, the Dyson V^ Fluffy and the Vax Air
Cordless Lift U85-ACLG-B. any thoughts would be appreciated.
I've recently purchased a Gtech Air-ram K9, and it's excellent.

...won't they all suffer from declining performance as the battery ages and
you will just put up with it as the batteries will either be expensive or
not available.

One of my dustettes has been going for 80 years. In that time you'd
need to buy around 10 rechargeable vacs as well as tolerate the poorer
performance.

Batteries are easily available for the Dyson.

TBH I doubt that our Dyson DC59 has less suction than an old dustette
(though it is a long, long time since I used one - it really is nothing
like the little handheld jobbies.

And the Dustette lacks the big advantage of being cordless.

but you know, horses for courses

They're very different animals. You can replace batteries, but it costs. A fiver for a reliable mains vac, or many hundreds with repeated breakdowns for something more modern. Sometimes upgrades really are downgrades.

NT