Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles charles is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

In article , Indy Jess John
wrote:
On 27/09/2015 17:41, ARW wrote:
wrote in message

Don't think the population in general knows anything about DIY as IME
they know nothing.

Tell us what you know about induction hobs, VAT returns and satellite
installations?

Are you seriously suggesting that these are DIY subjects?

Induction hobs will often need a Part P certificate, VAT returns can't
be used by the general population. Both definitely not DIY.

OK, I did install my own satellite dish and cabling, and later I swapped
the out the original LNB because I wanted more ports, but most people
just apply to Sky and they do the installation not the customer. Even if
the customer was prepared to DIY, Sky wouldn't let them.

as well as Sky there is Freesat

--
Please note new email address: