Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message news:fcd0e8d1- There
certainly isn't a magical answer. My mother traded a full sized
Dodge for a Gold Duster. It was a nice ride but it had me puzzled since
she had always insisted the family bucket had four doors. Her rationale
was if she bought something with four doors she would be the duty driver
every time her old girlfriends wanted to go someplace but none of the
old biddies were up to climbing in and out of the backseat of the Duster.

I test drove a 340 Duster back in the early 1970's. OMG it was quick. ^_^

If it was in 70's it was not all that quick.. I had a 69 Dart Swinger 340
and it was very quick. Someone ran a stop sign and total lost it. I
ordered a 72 with the same engine. When I drove it home I opened the hood
as I thought they had put in a 6 cylinder instead of the V8. Found out due
to the emissions and such they had lowered the compression from about 10.5
down to less than 9. The horsepower went way down,. Boy was I sick. Damn
thing turned out to be a lemon and always needed something and I traded it
off after less that 20,000 miles. A friend bought one about a week after ai
did off the lot from the same dealer. He had lots of problems with his
also.