Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 00:13:12 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I've had my grumble about it so that's that,
water under the bridge.

The shop is smaller and catering for a small number of people - it's a
lack of cheapness of large quantities (there's a better phrase for this).

I am rather bored with this now, but I have been involved with small
business retail all my life and I can tell you that 1,000% mark-ups are
never necessary. This is 'charging what you can get away with', also
known as 'charging what the market will stand'. It is the exploiting of
a local monopoly made possible indirectly by the customers' disability
and age.

Yeah right, that's why small businesses go bankrupt easily.

--
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.