Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How the disabled are ripped off

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
Sure, there's a trickle-up effect, but let's not forget that the
majority of migration is in to cities - which is where house prices are
rising - and localised headcount increases don't change whether people
are moving to London for a better job is doing so from Builth Wells or
Bratislava or Benares.

There's plenty of perfectly good property in the UK under £100k still,
and a lot of it's not selling.

The selling off of council houses (and not replacing them) had the side
effect of pushing up private rents. Making buy to rent more profitable.
Thus pushing up house prices.
And, of course demand exceeding supply in some areas. Where new house
completion per year is a lower number than many many years ago, despite a
larger population and more single person housholds. But let's just blame
it on immigrants. Nothing new there.

--
*We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.