Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On 27/09/2015 15:18, Bill Wright wrote:
tim..... wrote:

Yes, these things are often in place when the scooter is delivered to
the customer, if it is delivered in one piece. It's a surprisingly
common item. Disabled people do travel the world you know.

but they are still a very small percentage of the whole

Only once in about 300 flights have I ever shared the plane with a
person who required assistance in getting to/from their seat (which I
suspect is a reasonable proxy for "travelling with their own wheelchair")

The disabled as a proportion of all air travellers is irrelevant. We
were actually considering the proportion of disabled people who travel
by air. You're getting a bit mixed up.

Bill

"disabled as a proportion" is a similar commodity as "proportion of
disabled people" in the context of "of all air travellers" or even
"people who travel by air"

What exactly are you saying? I have never knowing flown in an aircraft
who needed that level of assistance.