Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On 27/09/2015 10:36, Adrian wrote:
On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 10:28:53 +0100, Nightjar cpb wrote:

but it's not "from" Amazon", is it

it's "Dispatched from and sold by XXX"

and presumably it is XXX with whom you have to assert your rights

Your contract is with Amazon, not with any third party they sub-contract
the supply or dispatch to.

Nope. Amazon are just an advertising medium and payment processor - you
are buying FROM the vendor.

While I do sometimes get direct communications from a supplier, quoting
Amazon Marketplace, in the vast majority of cases it is Amazon that
provides me with all the information required by The Consumer Contracts
(Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013,
which I think will make them the trader for the purposes of those
regulations.

Not Amazon, but a very similar site :
http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/about/partner-terms
Have a look at 4C i and iii

Those are the terms and conditions that apply to the sellers, which
makes it a business to business contract. Consumers get a lot more
protection.

--
Colin Bignell