Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

"James H" wrote in message
On 26/09/2015 18:45, tim..... wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
110Ah deep discharge battery sold through some disability industry
outlets: £149.95. Exact same battery sold for golf buggy: £60

Flightsafe device: £30. This is a three pin XLR plug with pins 1 and 2
shorted, in red plastic. This inhibits the scooter operation. Cost of
manufacture will be about £1.

cost of manufacture is not the only cost that they have to recover

If a product only sells in low numbers (and a "flight safe" device aimed
at a disability product sounds like a very low potential market) the
costs of development can be a significant part of the individual sale
price

tim

I see. People run these shops as a favor to disabled people not to make
money out of an easy target.

I don't see any relevance to that to my post

(and FWIW, I can't even work out if you are being serious or ironic)

tim