Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

rbowman wrote:
On 09/26/2015 01:26 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Tourag and Passat have TDI models.

I don't have the numbers handy but I believe those are also a minor
slice of VWs American market.

Some VW cars resemble Audi counter part.
Tourag is pretty nice SUV, built sturdy. Neighbor has one with V8 and
I'd rather drive this one than big Lincoln Navigator. Eventually
we'll end up with one car when one of us loses driver's license. I am
sure that'll be me. Wife does not care what brand or what type car as
long as it's seat fits her and it is AWD no matter what. Everyone in my
family drives AWD vehicles. Jeep, Subaru, Acura. On top of that we have
to fit snow/ice tires in winter, she insists. Tire change over is my
job having air tools and good compressor but some 18" tires are getting
heavier by the year. I just passed medical to extend the license for 5
more years. After that medical every year. Went to niece's wedding who
is marrying E. Indian. Had Hindu ceremony which was interesting. She is
a PhD in forensic science working at RCMP crime lab. Boy is Nuclear
safety engineer with MBA, interesting couple. Family gained one more
engineer, Way too many engineers and MD in the family, not a lawyer yet.