Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default ADAPT Wheelchair motors to LATHE (?) was...not quite OT

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 9:01:44 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 19:17:35 -0700 (PDT)
Rex wrote:

I checked with a big local warehouse with access to both Exide and
Deka. They could not get them from either source.

This is what I'll probably order. Looks like it ships ready to go.
They are sealed

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._dp_o_pC_S_ttl

Just for the heck of it I checked the Batteries Plus site. Several
stores in my area have a replacement on hand for $124.99. Ouch! Your
Amazon deal looks a lot better...

The Battery Plus offering is by Duracell. Might give you something
else
to search for. Looks like this:

https://www.batteriesplus.com/conten...rge/814548.jpg

I can just make out a part number that looks to be "DURA12-44C/FR"
in
the top left corner. Looks like Batteries Plus is about the only one
selling it too...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

What is the application? If it's a power wheelchair you only need to
pick a size that fits the battery box, if a lathe any large enough
batteries will do. The subtle difference for wet, AGM and gel battery
types is the proper charging method.
http://www.powerstream.com/SLA.htm
See "Unregulated Transformer-Based Chargers"

-jsw

Actually, it's something called an American Chariot. Sort of a Segway alternative sold to police, security, and military about 10 years ago.