Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Leaking (rainwater) water barrels

On 9/26/2015 12:42 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 9/25/2015 10:25 PM, Bob F wrote:
I bought some Locktite Vinyl glue recently that might work to glue the
leak. I'd
try to find the leak, then spread it a bit and squeeze the glue in,
then maybe
apply a fillet of glue on the outside and let it dry overnight.

I suspect this is a hairline crack. It takes *hours* for the barrel to
empty. And, as the water level falls, the rate of draining seems to
be reduced (hydrostatic pressure).

I suspect I will have to scrub the inside and outside (sediment that
accumulates in the barrel) and then watch, carefully, for any water
leaving the bottom surface.

If you can't find the leak, maybe you could line the barrel with a
plastic garbage bag that's large enough to fit the barrel? A large pc of
pond line would work, too.

--
Maggie