Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default How the disabled are ripped off

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I've had my grumble about it so that's that,
water under the bridge.

The shop is smaller and catering for a small number of people - it's a
lack of cheapness of large quantities (there's a better phrase for this).

I am rather bored with this now, but I have been involved with small
business retail all my life and I can tell you that 1,000% mark-ups are
never necessary. This is 'charging what you can get away with', also
known as 'charging what the market will stand'. It is the exploiting of
a local monopoly made possible indirectly by the customers' disability
and age.

Bill