Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 19:52:41 +0100, tim..... wrote:

"Nightjar cpb.me.uk" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 26/09/2015 19:14, tim..... wrote:
..
3 out of 4 of the items that I have purchased on Amazon type sites
have broken in less than the warranty period, but, of course, silly me
forgot to keep the seller's details - but the aggro of sending it back
by post probably means that I wouldn't bother anyway

Now reluctant to buy stuff this way in future, whatever the saving

I've not had any problems with things I've bought from Amazon.

but it's not "from" Amazon", is it

it's "Dispatched from and sold by XXX"

and presumably it is XXX with whom you have to assert your rights

In theory. In practice, Amazon have always sorted it out for me to
protect their 'branding'.

Not that I use them any more as they are generally more expensive than
many other suppliers.