Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Holes in yard

In ,
TomR typed:
In ,
KenK typed:
After a big rain, I see holes in bare spots in my yard - an inch or
so, sometimes 8 - 10" and quite deep.

Just wondering where the dirt goes? I have no tunneling animals like
moles or gophers that I'm aware of so it doesn't go in their lairs.

Has me curious.

Sink holes are likely a much larger form of the same thing but I know
nothing about them - never even seen one, just read a little about
them.

. . . . . Similarly, in
Philadelphia PA here was an area where row homes were built on ground
that had poor fill underneath and the homes started settling and
collapsing. I think it may have been called the Tioga section of
Philadelphia, or Tioga homes, or something like that -- not sure.

My mistake. It was not the Tioga section; it was the Logan section. And,
the poor fill that was used was "ash" and not construction debris, brush,
trees, etc.

http://philadelphianeighborhoods.com...fter-25-years/