Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Leaking (rainwater) water barrels

On 9/25/2015 10:25 PM, Bob F wrote:
I bought some Locktite Vinyl glue recently that might work to glue the leak. I'd
try to find the leak, then spread it a bit and squeeze the glue in, then maybe
apply a fillet of glue on the outside and let it dry overnight.

I suspect this is a hairline crack. It takes *hours* for the barrel to
empty. And, as the water level falls, the rate of draining seems to
be reduced (hydrostatic pressure).

I suspect I will have to scrub the inside and outside (sediment that
accumulates in the barrel) and then watch, carefully, for any water
leaving the bottom surface.