anthony james

Default Keston Questions (noise and flue options)

Andrew wrote in message ...

In the Keston documentation there is a sentence (underlined) that says
consider the possibility of the noise if installing near to a living
area. Can anyone with a Keston comment on this ?.

I've just moved into a house with a Keston K130 installed on the
outside wall of a large airing cupboard (constructed of plasterboard)
on the middle floor of 3. I wouldnt want to try to sleep in the room
next to it and it's easily audible from the room above. It is a LOT
noisier than the gloworm combi i had in my last place. We're going
think about adding some sound insulation to the airing cupboard. Our
manual recommends against attaching to partition walls.

I've no comparison to other condensing boilers so this may be typical
and mine is a different model to the Celsius so YMMV.