Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On 9/23/2015 11:12 AM, Bill wrote:

I just watched Scott Phillips on PBS's "Create" show.
He used no less than 4 or 5 Festools, and plenty of Kreg tools too to
build a 2-doored cabinet with a finial. I thought it strange that he
used a (dark) Walnut finial on a light Maple "top" (I apologize for not
knowing what the top part that holds a finial is called!)

Well, that's your "Festool sighting" for the day!

If you noticed, that cabinet pediment was about as ugly, mismatched
design as one could get. Scott Phillips builds crap, and if you are new
at woodworking, you should stay far, far away from his shows because he
does more things wrong than right. If I were Festool, I think I'd
attempt to forbid him from using my tools on TV. Same with Kreg.

I think Festool should hire Leon and fire Scott, at least their tools
would be used correctly and people might learn the right way to do things.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com