Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On Thursday, 24 September 2015 19:41:01 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
110Ah deep discharge battery sold through some disability industry
outlets: £149.95. Exact same battery sold for golf buggy: £60

could you give the URL as proof please.
Havign just brought (2 months ago) 2 55Ah mobility scooter batts
and noting the spec differnies between golf buggy battereis short term discharge and mobility scooter batteries are NOT the exact same when I looked 3 months ago.

Yes I know things are more expensive at dedicated outlets but that's usually because of the relaively small scale they are and perhaps providing a service.

The Kirby vacuum cleaner 'shop' near me closed down a few weeks ago.

Bill