Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Check Your Emissions Warranty Prior to Paying for Repairs at anIndependent Shop

On Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 10:00:27 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/24/2015 5:47 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I thought I was in for a costly repair, then the VW scandal made me look
at the warranty booklet. Emissions equipment is guaranteed for 15 years
or 150K miles. Anything needed to pass a smog check is included. This is
for California, YMMV.

Is it VW vehicle? I always peruse thru owner's manual when I purchase
new vehicle.

I do, but I look at it again three months later and find a little useful
thing missed the first time.

We bought a used Honda Civic for my college aged daughter. When we dropped
it off at her apartment last weekend I handed her the owner's manual and
advised her to read it, cover to cover.

Tuesday night she texted me, concerned about a blinking red light on the
dash board. I replied with "Page 57".

Maybe she'll take the hint.