Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mormon kitchen sink

On 9/24/2015 7:26 AM, Rubin Vast wrote:

Morning Stormin and all. Just how much did you spend on parts -
excluding gas?

I use one of those hand pumps for unblocking shower and sinks. I don't
know the generic name for these pumps but on ebay I searched drain
buster etc
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...uster&_sacat=0

or
http://tinyurl.com/nlkvwxa
http://tinyurl.com/ntsnn29

It's important to get the type supplied with 2 sizes of suction heads
(the ones between $13.40 - $13.49).

Method : fill sink, shower tray with one inch warm water (this helps to
form a good seal). Pump firmly, maybe 5 - 10 times, until you feel the
cold sludge water being sucked into the pump handle (the pump is
plastic, you'll sense the cold water).

Squirt the sink-sludge water into a bucket. If it's the shower, squirt
water/hair balls down toilet or into bucket.

Repeat until sink/shower etc runs freely. Mine has lasted about 5 years
now but I can't remember where I bought it. The above Ebay items come
from China, so expect slow delivery. If anyone can remember the generic
name for these and can get to a US supplier, it would be much
appreciated. HTH.

Hmm. I think the first trip to the store was about $15,
and the second one was about the same. I didn't expect
to need that data ever again, so didn't pay much attention.
One more trip, to get the flat gaskets for under where
the drain meets the sink.

Not sure that device would have worked very well, on this
application. The last owners of this trailer left me a
lot of congealed kitchen grease, for about 40 feet of
1 1/2 inch pipe. It needed some serious snaking out.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus