Posted to alt.home.repair
Rubin Vast Rubin Vast is offline

Default Mormon kitchen sink

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message news
Guess this is as good a day as any to mention my
latest home repair, the kitchen sink.

Sunday, I was washing my dinner dishes, and the sink
is draining very slowly. It's been doing that for
about twenty years, not much is new. I happened to
notice a bottle of drain crystals near the sink. Might
as well put some in, help clear the grease and crud out.

Morning Stormin and all. Just how much did you spend on parts - excluding
gas?

I use one of those hand pumps for unblocking shower and sinks. I don't know
the generic name for these pumps but on ebay I searched drain buster etc
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...uster&_sacat=0
or
http://tinyurl.com/nlkvwxa
http://tinyurl.com/ntsnn29

It's important to get the type supplied with 2 sizes of suction heads (the
ones between $13.40 - $13.49).

Method : fill sink, shower tray with one inch warm water (this helps to form
a good seal). Pump firmly, maybe 5 - 10 times, until you feel the cold
sludge water being sucked into the pump handle (the pump is plastic, you'll
sense the cold water).

Squirt the sink-sludge water into a bucket. If it's the shower, squirt
water/hair balls down toilet or into bucket.

Repeat until sink/shower etc runs freely. Mine has lasted about 5 years now
but I can't remember where I bought it. The above Ebay items come from
China, so expect slow delivery. If anyone can remember the generic name for
these and can get to a US supplier, it would be much appreciated. HTH.