Franc Zabkar

Default Schematics for My TV

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:49:35 GMT, "Jeff Stephens"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am trying to find a schematic for my Sanyo DS25530 TV. I found
Sam's fotofacts online, but they want $20-30 depending on whether
you download or order hardcopy. An email to Sanyo generated a reply
that gave me an 1-800 number to call for parts.

It seems to me that it would be a simple matter to make these schematics
available online for free. In Sanyo's case they already do this for owner's
manuals. In this day and age, I would expect these to be available at
the manufacturer's website in .pdf format. Is this an example of price
goudging?

I agree that service manuals should be freely available in digital
format from the manufacturer's website. The cost of paper manuals
often prohibits the economical repair of consumer goods, which results
in these goods being prematurely discarded. Pester your local Greenie
for a change to the legislation.

- Franc Zabkar