Rid

Default Faulty Beko Television

you have to have some electrical knowlege if you want to undertake your own
tv repairs,you must realise that tv repairs are not like the days when you
could poke about with a neon pencil, and changing bottles, first find out
which chasis the tv has in it, get a circuit if you can read it, it will be
obvious to what is wrong , if you have no understanding of reading circuits
you could try the method of standing in a bucket of water whilst taking the
lead that goes onto the back of the tube and placing it firmly between your
teeth , this will give you a good indication of an efficient supply of
EHT.was a joke .... other than this method you might try replacing the
flyback transformer which is the thing that the flash came from it is quite
common to find this component to have failed, there will be a number on this
part, you will also have to replace the line output transistor, which will
have the prefix 2sd,xxxx this wil be fitted to a heatsink, a piece of metal,
BTW, if you are in the uk , it might be ilegal for you to fit these parts
unless you can prove you have some sort of qualification to do so , but I
guess that if it's your own tv then that would be ok, I would add that you
must be very careful if you don't know what you are doing as this is the
most dangerours part of the set, after the primary power supply ,
"Lee Gathercole" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right group but here we go anyway. I've got a
Beko 33" television. It died the other day and is making a funny
crackling sound when trying to turn it on.

I've taken the back off and checked the fuse. With the back off I
tried to turn the television on and a blue flash came out of a large
black component on the motherboard. Sorry I can't be any more
descriptive than that but I have pictures if anyone can help.

I was just hoping for some advice and an idea of how severe the
problem is.

Thanks