Nigel

Default Schematics for My TV

No, it's a public liability issue.

In these litigious times, inclusion of a circuit diagram with the set, or
making it freely available on the manufacturer's website could be seen as an
invitation and endorsement of 'have a go' repairers, who would undoubtedly
sue the manufacturer in the event of a death or serious injury involving
themselves or their family. It would also provide even less incentive for
authorised repair shops to invest in staff, training and equipment in what
is already a tough trade, not to mention the increased numbers of bodged
repairs caused and hassle that goes with them.

"Jeff Stephens" wrote in message
.. .
I am trying to find a schematic for my Sanyo DS25530 TV. I found
Sam's fotofacts online, but they want $20-30 depending on whether
you download or order hardcopy. An email to Sanyo generated a reply
that gave me an 1-800 number to call for parts.

It seems to me that it would be a simple matter to make these schematics
available online for free. In Sanyo's case they already do this for owner's
manuals. In this day and age, I would expect these to be available at
the manufacturer's website in .pdf format. Is this an example of price
goudging?

Regards,
Jeff Stephens

Many media people have been journalism and/or communication majors. Most of
these programs have little analytical rigor. They are a dumping ground for
the most ill-prepared students.

Walter E. Williams, PhD
Professor of Economics
George Mason University