Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default DISH network tip.

On 9/22/2015 9:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/22/2015 11:44 PM, Don Y wrote:

I do most of my own baking -- and most of the things that I make
aren't typically found in commercial bakeries (too "ethnic").
This, of course, is a self-limiting process -- there's only so
much you can bake before getting tired of it! (Biscotti last night;
raisin bread this coming weekend)

Where to you live? I've not had a really good raisin bread for 30 years. I'll
be at your front door with a stick of butter when you open the oven.

heh heh heh... Desert Southwest. Mine is a very *heavy* yeast bread.
Almost tastes like a dense cake -- with a sh*tload of (yellow) raisins
mixed in. I make about 15 pounds of dough and make ~2 pound loaves.

Unfortunately, the loaves don't freeze well (mushy). And, as no
preservatives, they don't last more than 2-3 days before getting
"crusty/stale". So, I bake them, eat *one* as soon as it comes out
of the oven, save one for myself and give the others to neighbors
with ORDERS to "eat in the next 2-3 days".