Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/22/2015 10:38 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 22:19:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I cannot imagine a big corporation intentionally doing something
like that and figure they would not get caught. Too many people
work on projects like that and superiors have to sign off. The
cost t fix it is in the billions and for what?

I wonder, out loud, how many people inside of VW knew about this?

Do you think it was a small cadre?
Or basically everyone?

In a corporation that size, even a small cadre could have been 20 to
50 engineers. Someone had to come up with the idea, design, build,
test, and approve everything. The guys on the line installing would
probably have no idea, just another part. Higher level in
engineering would know.

And every one of them should experience serios prison time.