Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DISH network tip.

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:29:37 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Bean counters are making decisions, not engineers.

It is not quite that simple. Bean counters are telling engineers to
make it as cheap as possible, not as strong or reliable as possible
and the engineers do it.
I have fixed lots of things and I am amazed at the part they chose.
You see quarter watt resistors burned up where an extra penny for a
half watt resistor would have lasted forever.
When I was in the computer business there was a closed loop process
where field experience was allowed to shade the book learning the
engineers brought to the table. Unfortunately even my company was
overtaken by the "wal marting" of American.
They actually told us to throw away our "six sigma" quality hats and
we got "Market Driven Quality" hats, implying that we would not
provide more quality than the customer was willing to pay for.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/mdq.jpg