Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default DISH network tip.

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 2:05:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
If you have the service agreement, never admit you tried to fix
anything. I had two flaky remotes and I tried to fix one of them by
cleaning the board and pads.

Bear in mind these are not returnable items. They send you a new one
and you throw the old one away.

When I called for a replacement they said the coverage was void
because I took it apart.
I said "so if I just threw it in the trash it would be OK"
"No then it is lost and we do not cover loss"
"But when I get the new one, I just throw the old one away"
"yes"
"How do you know I messed with it at all"
"you told us"

It just got silly from there.

I said
"OK I also have 2 OTHER bad remotes and I am afraid to touch them"

"OK great, you will have 2 new ones an a couple days"

Moral, no good deed goes unpunished. Never admit you tried to help.

I assume the other two are actually good, so the problem is solved?
If not, I guess you can wait awhile, then claim you have another bad
one. Amazing that they have that absurd position, good way to lose
customers over a cheap remote.