Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default making a photography darkroom

On 22/09/2015 11:32, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 19 September 2015 21:43:27 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:29:08 +0100, Chris French wrote:

I'm avoiding buying anything much at the moment, as I don't really know
all of what I've got yet, and it might just be a flash in the pan.

Start off on B&W prints I guess and see how we go.

I found a changing bag adequate for loading the drum.

you were rich then I remember them costing a small fortune, I used a plastic bag while under my blanket.

ISTR mine was under a tenner... two bags inside each other with zips,
and elasticated cuffs on the entry holes etc.

The most fun thing was playing with reversal of monochrome film, to get
monochrome transparencies.

I did that, heard a warning from my physics teachig at the time. he told me when he fiorst did it he exposed the film in front of an old photoflood bulb,
which got splashed and shattered in front of him. he was lucky he was wearing glasses.

--
Cheers,

John.