Sam Goldwasser

Default Channel logos and screen burn

Turn the brightness down.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.

"Sharon Leigh" writes:

My parents got a projection TV and within months, the FOX News logo was
burned into their screen. They keep the set on several hours a day, but I
was under the impression that it would take years for screen burn-in to
occur on modern TVs, not months. what gives?

"James Sweet" wrote in message
So this is a little off topic but after getting my newly acquired PTV up

and
running I noticed there's a faint logo burned into the upper right corner

of
the screen. I haven't watched TV much in a long time but flipping through
channels I was shocked at how many of them display a static logo, this

must
cause a lot of damage with all the CRT projectors and plasma displays out
there now. Is there any movement to get the FCC or other relevant
organization to regulate this ridiculousness? Even if they'd move the

logos
around periodically it would be sufficient. Is there anything an ordinary
person can do to avoid this? I'm worried that someone will leave this

thing
on a channel with a logo and burn it in further.