Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broadband Plusnet v Broadband

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:59:47 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

I tell you what I know of quite a few people who'd PAY them to come and
dig outside their front doors now as they can only get sub 1 meg speeds
on so called broadband and thats not too far out in the county
either!...

B-)

They wouldn't have to do much digging here, 96 core fibre going down
to the village's FTTC passes through a chamber 10 yards from the
house, it's believed there is a fibre node 200 m away in the
direction of the exchange. Pretty sure Hexham where the other end of
the fibre is has Virgin so they just rent a bit of dark fibre from BT
Openreach, and 200 m of duct, simples. (Does Virgin FTTP kit work on
the end of 40 km of fibre?)

--
Cheers
Dave.