Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default making a photography darkroom

Nick Odell wrote:

Just a flash in the pan?

When I came home from school, aged 14 and announced that I wanted to
make an electric guitar, who would have guessed that it would just be
a passing phase that would last fifty-two years (so far).

When, aged about 12, my eldest wanted to spend the summer holidays
learning to paddle a kayak, who would have guessed that he'd turn it
into a career that would take him everywhere from Nepal to the Grand
Canyon (so far)?

So, from what you're making out here, your kids didn't try anything
else? Most kids have brief flirtations with a whole lot of interests
before settling on one or two of them.

My point is that there's no point in the parents spending a mint right
at the start. With most activities it's possible to buy equipment a bit
at a time as and when the need arises. The other advantages of that are
that each new acquisition is more exciting, and making do with interim
stuff meanwhile is a good education.

Bill