Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Looking For Oscillating Tool Recommendations

J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

I looked at the Jet, which Rockler put on sale once this year at
$389. I though that it made the sub-$200 options look over-priced.
YMMV.
Somewhat confused by what you're trying to say here Bill.

Mike, I meant I would recommend someone take a look at it before ruling
it out because of the price. It appears to offer quite a bit of "bang
for the buck". The sub-$200 look like "mere appliances" in
comparison. That said, I haven't contributed anything to the Festool
thread...we all have our limitations! : )

Bill, for $389 you can just buy the damn Festool and be done with it (it
says "Fein Supercut" on it but it's the same tool and takes all the same
accessories).

There just isn't any more "bang" to be had in this kind of tool for any
amount of bucks.

But I don't see an oscillating tool from Jet on either the Rockler or
the Jet site.

Here's the kind of tool we're talking about
http://www.coastaltool.com/a/fein/fmm350q-systainer.htm

My bad (sorry). I thought you were talking about an *oscillating
sander*. I have a variable speed "oscillating tool" from Menards which
cost me about $35, I think. I have found it handy in trimming shims and
the bottoms of door frames.