Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Looking For Oscillating Tool Recommendations

On 9/20/2015 10:49 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/19/15 11:11 PM, krw wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:52:05 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

I know this group and what a huge can of worms I just opened up,

[snip]

I looked at the Fein a year or so ago (they had a demo at Woodcraft)
and was impressed. The price wasn't all that bad, anymore, either.
If I were buying again, I'd probably buy the Fein instead of the
Dremmel but I'd still be using the Bosch ten times as often as the
Fein.

How fast do the batteries charge on the Bosch and is there a notable
difference in power between the corded and cordless?

As previously stated, I have only owned the one Bosch cordless so I
cannot compare apples and corded apples g

As for the recharge time, it's fairly quick but unless I'm running it
under heavy load constantly - which is rarely the case - I don't need to
recharge it while working a project. As I said, I've NEVER had down
time due to waiting around for a recharge. YMMV of course depending on
usage.