Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Looking For Oscillating Tool Recommendations

On 9/19/15 4:15 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 9/19/2015 11:52 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

LAST THING: I already know Festool is the best and Fein is a
close second. But I don't have six hundred bucks to spend on an
oscillating tool. All the other brands have options under $150, so
I'm sticking with those.

As you probably know I have a Fein, 15 years, and it still runs like
new.

Almost daily on every job site someone reaches for it. It is one of
the rare tools I've let others use, and despite that kind of use,
which usually results in a short lived tool, the only problem I've
had is blades being dulled when I needed it.

Decided to stop that, so, even though it was in the truck, my
response to where is it? "left it at the shop."

Last year my good buddy, and right hand man (he was the biggest
culprit), purchased his own ... a Dremel (MM45?) from HD.

Now, I do leave mine at the shop, and use his.

Good tool, and I've used it enough to make a comparison. Other than a
certain "heft" to the hand, there is no noticeable difference in
function, fit and finish, and ability to do the job. It certainly has
the power.

Obviously longevity, with regard to the Fein, is a question, but so
far so good on withstanding the rigors of the job site.

Thank you! That's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for and no
surprise it came from you. I've been leaning towards the Dremel, so now
I'm leaning a bit more.

I have their Saw-Max and have been very impressed with it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--